Process Management Training & Facilitation
"If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you are doing."
- W. Edwards Deming
Delta Partners defines Process Management as:
- A way to visually represent the work flow of your organization (process maps)
- A structured methodology for capturing supporting documents (policies, procedures, work instructions, records, templates, etc.)
- Identifying and reporting key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Identifying controls to ensure product and service quality
- A platform upon which to base risk management activities
Our process management training employs a variety of tools and client-specific case studies to ensure that your team actually acquires the skills that they need to implement process management.
Our facilitation ensures that the application of process management has a measureable impact on the bottom line.
Do you need to reduce operating costs?
Faced with the challenge of reducing your operating costs by 5% - 10%, most organizations will take the obvious route of reducing their workforce. However, the more effective way to reduce operating costs is to remove non-value added activities (NVA) from your organization’s processes.
By first identifying and removing unnecessary process costs, you can avoid the highly disruptive effects that accompany workforce downsizing.
Do you have a plan to capture the knowledge that is leaving your organization because of reductions and retirements?
By accurately defining what you do, you can:
- Identify where critical information has not been documented
- Capture the knowledge that resides in informal channels
- Review and publish the findings in an accessible and transparent manner
- Better develop your succession planning and talent management strategies
Do you have internal barriers to communicating both up and across your organization?
By publishing uniform, transparent and easily understood process maps and supporting documentation, you create:
- A common language that removes subjectivity
- Improved reporting and decision-making
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities that remove ambiguity
- A platform for easier collaboration and information sharing across boundaries
- A shared understanding of the priorities of the organization which results in greater employee engagement
Public service managers - are you on track to meet your TBS planning and reporting obligations?
A well-defined and documented suite of processes is a critical component in the successful planning, implementation and reporting of your various TBS requirements, including:
- Policy on the Management of Projects – due by April 1, 2012
- Policy on Investment Planning, Assets and Acquired Services – due by April 1, 2012
- Policy on Evaluation – due by March 31, 2013
For more information on course structure and pricing, click here.
This is our standard one-day offering that is normally accompanied by a one-day facilitation exercise. It is also possible to expand and customize this training module to a multiple day offering as your needs require.
- Process Management overview
- Process Management benefits
- What is Process Mapping?
- Implementation strategy
- Different ways to visualize a process
Process Mapping techniques*
- Sequential process mapping
- Time and Decision Based Cross-Functional Flow Charting
- Value Stream Mapping
- Creating policy, standard operating procedures, and work instructions from your process maps
- Understanding the relationship between Process Management and Risk Management
Defining and integrating Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Understanding the relationship between Process Management and Performance Management
- Defining process control points and integrating Quality Management best practices
* Advanced, customized process mapping techniques (IDEFO, Turtle Maps, etc.) can be added to the course for an additional fee
The Two Day program includes all of the content of the One Day program, and adds:
- Overview of Process Modeling
- Analyzing Process Maps
- Utilizing Process Mapping Software (Visio)
- Facilitating Process Mapping Sessions
- Additional advanced techniques
Extended training options are also available; please contact us for more information.